The 2019 Summer Reading Challenge is here!
ADD books, visit Roswell, “earn” your very own alien abduction and the bragging rights that go with it. And finally win an all expense paid trip to an alien picnic, where we promise YOU might not be the main course!
DEADLINE: Friday, August 23rd at 3:00 PM
Remember, no required reading titles.
- No paper entry form. Enter ALL of your titles read on the web form.
- All entries must be completed during the Summer of 2019.
Here are the students, staff & teachers who have participated in the Read Up! Summer Reading Challenge:
Mr. Bob Bowers +
Ms. Ginger Brown
Ms. Candace Busselmaier
Ms. Katherine Dorais
Ms. Kimberly Elste
Ms. Emily Gerwick
Ms. Jen Gray
Ms. Kimberly Haag
Ms. Laura Hall
Kamrynn Kelly +
Amelia Kohrs +
Mr. Josh Leeuw
Ms. Jennifer Meyerrose
Andie Moye +
Ms. Christine Oliver +
Mr. Mark Onstott
Ms. Mindi Phipps
Kiernan Pol +
Mr. Bruce Raymond
Ms. Sandy Robertson
Ms. Jamie Scatenato
Ms. Kathy Smith
Ms. Sydney Timme
Mr. Jimmy Tricco
Ms. Judy Weaver
Ms. Kenzie Weed
Note: The honor roll will be updated weekly, so there may be a delay between your submission and your name and count showing up on this page.
Roswell Certified: Read 1 book beyond required reading and earn your name on the honor roll with an Read Up alien sticker as proof.
Abducted by Aliens: Read 3 books and earn your name on the honor roll, receive the alien sticker, and the Alien and Finger skateboard .
First Contact: Read 6 books beyond the required reading and earn your name on the Online Honor Roll, the alien Sticker, the Alien and finger skateboard, and the grand prize which includes the alien t-shirt and all expense paid alien lunch and classic Sci-Fi alien movie .
The summer reading challenge will close on Friday, August 23rd at 3:00 PM. No entries will be accepted after that time. If you have more entries, please enter your titles before 3:00 PM to be included in this year’s Summer Reading Challenge.
Have questions about the Summer Reading Challenge? Need to know how many books you have read? Is your name or level missing from this page? Contact the RJ Libraries HERE anytime during the summer. But note, it is summer – it may take a few days to receive a response!
Need Reading Ideas?
- Search Goodreads.com for ideas. Use the Listopia feature: In the browse tab, click LISTS > Search for something you find interesting in a book (genre, theme, conflict, setting, etc.). Read through the lists to find books of interest to you.
- Search NOVELIST PLUS (RJ Database) for ideas. Click HERE for the Novelist Username and Password.
- Take a look at the RJ Library ONLY BOOKS – Book list website.
- Browse the RJHS eLibrary Overdrive website OR download and browse the Overdrive App by genre on your iPad or phone.
- Search the RJ Library Catalog. The catalog will display suggestions and show you which books we have in ebook or audiobook on Overdrive.
Available From Home or On the Road – All Summer!
Read completely every issue of a magazine title this summer (3 months)
= 1 book for the reading challenge (A maximum of 1 magazine series. The others entries must be books).